As Data Science intern, you support tasks such as the exploration and analysis of data ingested from electrical heaters and ad-hoc analysis (including weather data, power consumption, energy savings and customers behaviour). You contribute to the improvement of the existing direct electrical heater simulator and the implementation of power consumption predictive models using various strategies such as bottom-up physics-based approaches, time series forecasting and statistical models. You also assist in the development, improvement and deployment of data pipelines, the validation of data after migrations or jobs refactoring and the test and report on data quality.
- Bachelor or Master in Data Science, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics;
- Interest in the energy transition, ancillary services, and virtual power plant;
- Proficiency in descriptive and predictive analysis, statistical modelling and machine learning techniques;
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL;
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Apache Airflow, Apache Spark and AWS services (S3, Athena, Glue);
- Prior knowledge or interest in DevOps topics such as containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes);
- Flexible and open to collaborate with various teams at tiko, including Energy Operations and Backend;
- English fluency is mandatory; German or French fluency is an advantage
- Valid working permit for Switzerland or EU nationality;
- Duration of the internship: 6/9 months
tiko is an eco-citizen solution that allows you to save up to 25% of heating energy with existing electric radiators – even the oldest ones – while increasing the comfort of occupants.
These are substantial savings in CO2 and in € for the 9.2 million households that heat with electricity, for which heating represents 66% of their energy expenses.
Our modules are installed on each radiator by a certified installer and allow instantaneous
– their programming room by room, in the quarter of an hour, according to the habits of the customer
– their remote control thanks to the free tiko app
– the follow-up of their consumption
The particularity of tiko is to use the connected radiators to participate in the stabilization of the French electrical network via the peak shaving mechanism, without any impact on the comfort of the inhabitants. This participation, and our remuneration for the valuation of these operations, helps us to finance both the equipment and the installation – which allows us to offer our cutting-edge technology at extremely attractive prices. Find out more on: tiko.fr and Welcome to the Jungle welcometothejungle.com/fr/companies/tiko
Our hyper-dynamic and multicultural start-up culture will give you the opportunity to express your full potential, while contributing to making a real difference for France, and the planet.
tiko Services markets our solution in France, and is owned by tiko Energy Solutions, based in Zürich where most of our engineers and developers are located, and tiko Italia, our tech hub based in Milan. tiko is a company of the ENGIE group since 2019.